07/03/2015

Amazing day with Preston Embroiderers Guild

Another early start and this time I was heading back over to Preston. On arrival the ladies were already setting up the hall ready for my workbook workshop. Once the meeting was underway and the announcements were over everyone gathered around my portable studio. I have been working in my workbook for 4 years now and began by sharing some of the work out of my own books.
We began with the scary white page...






Once the scary paper had  gone and everyone was busy we began experimenting with stencils, rollers, stamps etc. 



After lunch everyone had the choice of turning their practice sheet in to a book or to jump in and start their own workbook. Developing techniques covered in the morning and I introduced other elements during the afternoon to vary and add to the pages. Everyone worked really hard and produced some fabulous work.





At the end of a very busy day we had a gallery session to admire everyone's work. I would like to thank everyone for making me so welcome. I had a lovely day and am looking forward to coming back in 2016.















No comments:

Post a Comment